Open Records Request

For complaints regarding failure to release public information please contact your local District or County Attorney.

If you need special accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact our City Secretary, Doris Crockett, at 903-894-7223 ext. 109

If you would like to submit a request to the Bullard Police Department, please click here.

Procedures to obtain information

  • Submit a written request (mail, fax, email, or in person) according to a governmental body's reasonable procedures.
  • Include enough description and detail about the information requested to enable the governmental body to accurately identify and locate the items requested.
  • Cooperate with the governmental body's reasonable efforts to clarify the type or amount of information.

Contact Information

You may make your request by: 

  • Mail: P.O. Box 107, Bullard, TX 75757
  • In person at City Hall: 114 S. Phillips. Bullard, TX 75757
  • Fax: (903) 956-0480
  • Email

Cost of Records

  • You must respond to any written estimate of charges within 10 days of the date the governmental body sent it or the request may be deemed withdrawn.

Information that may be withheld due to an exception

By the 10th business day after you file your request, a governmental body must:

  • Request an Attorney General Opinion and state which exceptions apply;
  • Notify the requester of the referral to the Attorney General; and
  • Notify 3rd parties if the request involves their proprietary information

Failure to request an AG opinion and notify the requester within 10 business days will result in a presumption that the information is open unless there is a compelling reason to withhold it. Requester's may send a letter to the AG arguing for release, and may review arguments made by the governmental body.